Thursday, January 30, 2014

Back in the game!

My how I've missed this little blog space! I could give you a list of reasons for my absence, but I won't, just life, you know?

Rest assured though, we've been busy enjoying the magically mundane.


I hope to get back to posing more regularly again. I'm not even sure if anyone still reads this old thing, but it's something I really do enjoy and miss. 


Anyway, I'm jumping back on the blog to share two quick photography project updates.

First off, I finally got around to putting up my instagram wall, and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I knew I wanted to add some kind of dimension to the collage and after quite a bit of brainstorming I decided to use some simple 1"x4"x4" wood squares. 


The photos are attached using scrapbooking photo mount squares and tape, while the wood blocks are attached with command adhesive strips. I plan to add photos this year to make the arrangement a little bit bigger and then I will swap out photos as time goes on. I liked the simple look of the natural wood, but you could totally paint the sides of the blocks for some color pop and that would look awesome too!

And…

I finally finished our family photo book for 2013!!


This is the first year I did a single family book (as opposed to individual books for the girls.) I couldn't keep up with doing multiple books and too many of the photos were being repeated anyway. 

I LOVE, love this book! It's hands down my favorite one so far! I teared up several times when I flipped through the beautiful pages for the first time and remembered all the joy we experienced over the past year. 


I ordered my book through Shutterfly again this year, but this time I paid for some upgrades (Matte cover finish and lay-flat pages). The upgrades were worth every penny. This book is stunning and the quality is head-and-shoulders above the previous books I've ordered. The pages are thick and lay flat for a seamless, high-quality look. 

Jon kindly pointed out, after I had the book in hand, that I did the spine upside down. Ugh! Oh well. 
If you haven't taken the time to get your photos off of your phone and computer and into your hands, you should! There is something about touching and seeing your beloved memories in big, beautiful, print that is so much better than looking at them on a screen. 

I hope to be back on my much neglected blog soon! Off to bed for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!