Friday, April 6, 2012

40 weeks and still cookin'!

Well, I’m officially 40 weeks today and still pregnant! I think baby girl is just too comfortable in there! I know that there’s no reason to be in a hurry, but I can’t help but feel anxious at this point, wondering when she is going to make her debut.

In an effort to keep my hands and mind busy we’ve been spending a lot of time in the kitchen lately and Sydney is ALL about it! She flips out any time I’m in the kitchen now without her and she thinks I might be trying to cook something. She’ll ask me what I’m doing and then shout “I Help!” as she runs to the bathroom to get her step stool, without even waiting to hear my reply.

Last weekend we made some fun (and easy!) bird nest Easter treats to share with the kids at daycare.

(Linking up for this week's P52 photo challenge, "Foolin' Around".)
Then, earlier this week, we were outside playing and noticed that thanks to the unseasonably warm weather, we already have a ton of fresh rhubarb. What's a girl to do? Make strawberry-rhubarb pie of course!


Since I'm 40 weeks pregnant and therefore legally entitled to do whatever I want, I ate a piece for breakfast the next morning.


Mmmm.

Looking forward to a nice Easter weekend and maybe...just maybe...an Easter weekend arrival.


Happy Friday!

3 comments:

  1. I'm right with you, hope you have an Easter baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUM!! Your photos are wonderful...and they all made me hungry!! Wish you the very best with the new little one!! Enjoy every minute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've got a lovely little lady...
    and all best wishes to your bum in the oven... ^^

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!