Monday, December 31, 2012

December

We're still here!

I took an unexpected blogging break for most of December. It was a really up and down month for us. Lots of good Christmas fun, but also a lot of sickness, teething, and very little sleep. Then the day after Christmas we got word that my grandmother had passed away, so we took a trip to Iowa and just got back last night.

My grandmother was a very sweet woman, who we love very much. It's always sad and hard to say goodbye to a loved one, but at the same time I think it was for the best. Alzheimer's has a long, nasty history on my dad's side of the family and it had really taken it's tole on my grandmother over the past few years, especially in the last few months. I'm glad I was able to see her one last time over the summer and I'm glad she passed away before things got worse and she forgot who her immediate family was. I think that would have been so much worse. I'm hurting, but at the same time I know she is so much better off where she is now.


We love you grandma!

I'll share just a few of our photos from the past month, but I'm going to make it quick. I've got a little girl who keeps asking me to play the sneaky, snacky, squirrel game and I don't want to keep her waiting.

A quick snapshot of our December 2012:

Kam's birthday party:
What's wrong with this picture? LOL!

Sister time:


Play time:


Christmas time:

We have two teeth now!

Family time:


Happy New Year's Eve everyone. Wishing you all a wonderful 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!