Saturday, April 9, 2011

{M.I.A.}

Sorry, it's been a while since I posted. I've been meaning to post, but I haven't been able to put my heart into it...I've been preoccupied all week with a very sick little girl. Sydney's been fighting some kind of illness for a week now. It started out with an upset stomach and fever. She got to the point on Tuesday where she couldn't keep anything down, not even water. Her stomach seems to have gotten better, though she still doesn't have a great appetite back, but it's this nasty fever that she just can't seem to kick. Once or twice a day, usually in the late afternoon, her fever will spike to around 105 degrees. Luckily it's been easily controlled by medicine and doesn't peak for very long, but it's still scary. On top of everything else she has an ear infection and possibly pink eye now! Poor little thing! She's really been in good spirits throughout this whole ordeal, I think it's been harder on me than her. The doctors keep assuring me that it's most likely viral and we just have to keep an eye on her and wait it out, but it's so hard to sit back helplessly and wait. We have another appointment scheduled for Monday, but I'm hoping and praying that we won't need it, that this fever will finally break over the weekend for good. If you pray, it would mean the world to me if you could pray for Sydney to get better.

And just in case you were wondering...my baby's still a rockstar...even when she's sick...



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!