Friday, December 9, 2011

Bumpdate: Week 23

Week 23 according to thebump.com:

How big is baby?:
Your baby's the size of a papaya! At about 10.5 to 11.8 inches and about 12.7 to 20.8 ounces, baby's not just getting bigger, she's getting even cuter.













Your baby at 23 weeks:
Turn on the radio and sway to the music. With her sense of movement well developed by now, your baby can feel you dance. And now that she's more than 11 inches long and weighs just over a pound, you may be able to see her squirm underneath your clothes. Blood vessels in her lungs are developing to prepare for breathing, and the sounds that your baby's increasingly keen ears pick up are preparing her for entry into the outside world. Loud noises that become familiar now — such as your dog barking or the roar of the vacuum cleaner — probably won't faze her when she hears them outside the womb.

 
















Week 23 survey according to me:
Pardon the filthy mirror.
























Symptoms: Crying. Like at anything. My hormones are a bit crazy right now. Other than that, I’m kind of in the sweet spot of the second trimester right now. Nausea is all but completely gone and I’m not big enough to feel too terribly uncomfortable yet. I did throw my back out really badly a few weeks ago trying to lift Sydney. I just need to remember to be more careful right now. 

Maternity clothes?: Yes. The bella band just isn’t comfortable anymore. Still squeezing into some of my regular shirts, but I’m not sure  how much longer I’ll be able to get away with that. 

Sleep?: I usually get up to use the bathroom once or twice a night, but otherwise I’m sleeping just fine! (I’m totally not taking this for granted this time. I’m keenly and painfully aware of how bad things will get once our new girl is here!)

Movement?: Tons. Kicks, punches, rolls, flips…I’m feeling it all!

Food cravings?: Nope. Just the normal junk I always crave…carbs and sugar. Haven’t been able to kick diet coke completely. Trying to keep it to one a day. 

Food aversions?: Nope.

What’s different this time?: I don’t remember being this emotional the first time. Everything from the size of my belly growing, to feeling the baby move is happening earlier.  In general I’m just less obsessive about the pregnancy and time is going by so much faster!

Labor signs?: No, definitely not yet.

I am loving: Spending one-on-one time with Sydney while I still can. Seeing Christmas through her eyes this year. It’s seriously 10 times more exciting when you have little kids at home!

What I miss: WINE! Especially this time of year with all the get-togethers and holiday parties. 

What I’m looking forward to: Getting Sydeny’s new big girl room put together after the holidays and pulling out all of the baby stuff again for the nursery. 

What I’m freaking out about: Wondering how I am going to accomplish simple day-to-day tasks with two kids in tow. Especially outings like grocery shopping and running errands.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!