Saturday, March 24, 2012

Bumpdate: Week 38

Week 38 according to thebump.com:


How big is baby?:












Your baby's the size of a pumpkin! She is about 18.9 to 20.9 inches long and weighs about 6.2 to 9.2 pounds. Her head is now about the same circumference as her abdomen.

Your baby at 38 weeks:

















She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb. She may have about an inch or so of hair already. She’s slowly shedding that white goo on her skin (called vernix caseosa) but you might see some of it at birth.

For many women, the next couple of weeks are a waiting game. Use this time to prepare your baby's nursery or to take care of necessary tasks you may not get around to for a while after your baby's born. Take naps, catch up on your reading, and spend uninterrupted time with your partner while you can.

38 weeks according to me: 


Symptoms: Lots of pains from the baby moving around and hitting nerves in my pelvis, cramps, heartburn, and of course given all of the previous symptoms, difficulty sleeping. I’ve also noticed that my feet and ankles are a little bit swollen lately.

Maternity clothes?: Yes, of course.

Sleep?: Not so great.

Movement?: Yes, still plenty!

Food cravings?: None in particular.

Food aversions?: Nope.

What’s different this time?: Not much that I haven't already mentioned.

Labor signs?: No.


I am loving: Unseasonably warm weather.


What I miss: Being able play with Sydney a little bit easier. Running around, laying on the floor, etc.


What I’m looking forward to: Meeting our little girl. I'm just playing the waiting game now!


What I’m freaking out about: Just getting a little anxious about labor and Delivery. Hoping the logistics of getting someone to watch Sydney, the dog, getting packed up, to the hospital, etc., all work out if I go into labor on my own this time. I was having a lot of painful cramps last night and thought for a moment, "I wonder if I'm starting to go into labor?" I eventually fell asleep, so obviously it wasn't. LOL! I hope I know when it's the real deal!

1 comment:

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!