Thursday, June 14, 2012

Colored Pasta

I've been trying to find new things to keep Sydney entertained, other than asking me to watch Dora 200 times a day, and thanks to Pinterest, I remembered colored pasta and decided to give it a try.

Dying the pasta is really simple.

Just add a little bit of rubbing alcohol (about a quarter cup) and food coloring (8-10 drops) into a ziplock bag with a cup or so of pasta. Seal up the bags tight and let them sit for a few hours, turning them over every half hour or so. Then lay the pasta out to dry.


Once you have your colored pasta, the possibilities for play are endless!

You can sort them.


Use glue to make works of art.


Or make colorful jewelry. 


Sydney has been asking to play with her "noo-nals" every day so far and even if it only buys me a half hour of "I watch Dora PLEASE" free time...I'll take it!

One note: the rubbing alcohol oder on the noodles is still strong, so if you have a young child who might try to put the noodles in his/her mouth, or in my case a hoover vacuum dog, you might want to keep an eye on them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!