Thursday, September 27, 2012

Good

I’ve been hearing so many amazing stories of the kindness and generosity that have been extended to Heather, Matt, and Carter and I have to say that I am blown away.

A lot of times, especially during election years, we are bombarded with news reminding us of what’s wrong with people, our country, and the world. It’s hard sometimes not to get disheartened by all the headlines touting tragedy, misfortune, and heartache, but we have to remember that in this world, there also exists so much good!


Acts large and small, from organizations, church groups, family, friends, acquaintances, friends of friends, and total strangers, the impact is felt all the same. It is awe inspiring to see so many people rallying to offer acts of kindness, love, and support to someone in their hour of greatest need. People are good. God is good.
  
"The best things happen when we believe in good, when we give people the benefit of the doubt, when we understand that pain and tragedy are indeed part of this world, but that they are overshadowed by the potential of the great amount of good in human kind." – Kelle Hampton

A benefit event is in the works for Carter (just one of the many examples of amazing people rallying to offer support). The date is going to be November 3rd and I will pass along more details once I have them.

------------------------------

This weekend was good.



I could feel Fall around the corner, the weather was beautiful, and my time was jam-packed with friends and family.  Jon was away at a barbeque completion on Friday, so the girls spent the night with grandma, while I had some time away with my girlfriends.  The wine was excellent, the food was delicious, and the company was fabulous! Saturday, I spent the morning at home with the girls and then we headed out to our first tailgate of the season!  

I remember when all I had to worry about bringing was a cooler of beer! My, how the times have changed! What doesn't show in the photo below is me, loaded down like a pack-mule, with diaper bags, toys. and other necessities. Fun when you have to walk 20 plus minutes to get to your car! 


The girls did great. Sydney kept busy by gorging on food, while Lillian was passed from one set of arms to the next. At one point Sydney saw the Assembly Hall and shouted, "Whoa, look at dat big rain coat (ie. umbrella) momma!" Funny how kids see things!

On Sunday, Jon and I took the girls out to Lake of the Woods. We walked around and explored the park for a while, and then we decided to stop by the Museum of the Grand Prairie. Sydney loved this place and threw an epic fit when I tried to get her to leave the “toys” behind and see what was on the grounds outside. We ended up having to cut our trip short and take our screaming toddler home (She continued to scream all the way home and then some), but I’d still say the day was a win overall.

Super creepy Lincoln! LOL!


The best part? While on the wagon with Mr. Creepster, you got to stare at a horses rear end. What fun!


I promised Sydney we'd go back again soon. The museum would be a nice place to spend some time once the weather gets colder and we want to get out of the house for a while!

Ok, I'm off to go hang out with two of my favorite girls! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!