Wednesday, November 2, 2011

October; Over and Out


Doppelganger

I fear my child has been replaced by an evil doppelganger. At least 50% of the time anyway. 


This girl has been pushing me to the brink lately. It’s like her emotions are completely out of control. One minute she’s happy as a clam, the next, epic meltdown. SCREAMING at the top of her lungs and swinging about uncontrollably. 

What is going on?! Where has my sweet little girl gone? It’s like walking through a minefield with her lately; one wrong move and…Kablooie!

Her blanket isn’t on right…Kablooie!

Kameron touched her…Kablooie!

Sawyer didn’t clap when she got the puzzle piece right…Kablooie!

I put food on her tray…Kablooie!

Wrong spoon…Kablooie!

How about this spoon?...Kablooie!

No spoon? …Kablooie!

Serenity now…serenity now…serenity now…

This sudden change has swept in out of nowhere over the past week or so. Terrible Two’s? Evil Doppelganger? Whatever it is, I hope it is short lived, or else this pregnant mama is going to looser her mind. 

Let’s focus on the good though, shall we? The other 50% of the time.

Look WHOO’s turning two!

We celebrated Sydney’s second birthday last weekend, and did a girlie owl theme. I know it’s hard to believe but once the party started I did not take a single picture. Not one.  I’m kicking myself now, but Jon was manning the smokers most of the time and I was so busy running around taking care of everything else, that I just never found the time. Luckily it’s not a total loss, as some kind party-goers have given me pictures that they took.



I did manage to snap a shot of the AMAZING cake that my sister did for Sydney before the party started. She really should start selling these things.


The party was a lot of fun, and as usual I enjoyed spending time with friends and family, but I was surprised how much being in my second trimester of pregnancy affected me. I was TOTALLY exhausted! Ready to pass out by 8pm!

Trick or Treat!

Sydney went trick-or-treating for real this year instead of just coming along for the ride. She loved it! I thought she would either be terrified or just want to sit down and eat the candy, neither of which happened. She was thrilled by the idea of going up to the doors and getting fun things to plunk down in her pumpkin basket. Every time, she would walk back and shout, “Mama, look MORE!” She hung in a lot longer than I thought she would too; a good 30-45 minutes, before finally setting in the stroller and deciding she would just ride along for the rest of the night. Little kitten still got more than enough candy!


:::Begin Soapbox Speech:::

Dear parents in cars,
Please, please, please stop following behind your trick-or-treating kids in your car. PARK your car and get out and WALK! There are so many things wrong with this, I don’t even know where to begin…the health effects for you, the example you set for your children, the congestion and safety hazard you cause for the other kids…the list goes on. I am amazed every year by how many people do this. Unless you have a legitimate reason…get OUT of your car!

::::End Soapbox Speech:::

Little Sibling Update

Houston we have movement! Even as I write this I am feeling the little pitter-pats of baby movement. It’s light, but it’s unmistakable. It may sound surprising that despite my inability to zip a normal pair of pants and my ongoing face-to-face meetings with the toilet, that it sometimes fails to sink in that I’m really pregnant again. That we are going to have another baby in our house next spring. But, these little movements are the first really tangible reminder to me throughout the day that there is a little baby on board. Another human being growing inside my ever-expanding belly. It’s an amazing and welcome reminder. 

Let's just hope for all our sake that by the time this little addition makes an appearance, we've managed to find our way out of the minefield we find ourselves so carefully navigating these days.



1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of the parents following kids in a car thing. You're right, there are so many things wrong with that! Like America's lazy! and wasteful! and doesn't care about the environment! And it's creepy, like the stranger danger videos they used to show in grade school where a creep lures a child into his car with candy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!