Sunday, January 8, 2012

Bumpdate: Week 27

Week 27 according to thebump.com:

How big is baby?:
Your baby's the size of an eggplant! At 13.6 to 14.8 inches and about 1.5 to 2.5 pounds, she's not just getting bigger, she's getting smarter.















Your baby at 27 weeks:
At 27 weeks, baby is breathing (it’s amniotic fluid, not air, but it still counts) and even showing brain activity. She's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing her eyes, and perhaps even sucking her fingers. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother her, so just relax and enjoy the tickle. The annoying symptoms you’ve been having probably aren’t going away, but at least you’ve probably found some ways to deal with them -- and hey, maybe you’re used to them right now. As you say goodbye to the second trimester, you can look forward to some pretty embarrassing stuff (like having to pee all the time -- and maybe even when you don’t mean to at all) that’s all par for the late-pregnancy course. It’s time to head down the home stretch. Are you ready?

Week 27 survey according to Me:





















Symptoms: Well, I have to pee all the time and I get a few back aches, but I think that's about it. Things are pretty easy going right now. 

Maternity clothes?: Yes. I'm trying not to spend a lot of money on maternity clothes so I am basically wearing the same few outfits over and over again! My co-workers must be starting to think I'm pretty dirty. LOL!

Sleep?: I usually get up to use the bathroom once or twice a night, but otherwise I’m sleeping just fine! Starting to get a little bit more uncomfortable at night, sore hips, etc., but it's not too bad.

Movement?: Tons. Kicks, punches, rolls, flips…I’m feeling it all! (Even hiccups now!)

Food cravings?: Not really. The other day I did have a fruit craving. I ate a kiwi, pear, orange, and apple all within about 30 minutes. :)

Food aversions?: Nope.

What’s different this time?: Time is just flying by, I can't even keep track of what week I am without checking my weekly email updates.

Labor signs?: No, not yet.

I am loving: Spending one-on-one time with Sydney while I still can. Getting Sydney's new big girl room ready. Feeling/watching the baby roll, move, and have hiccups.

What I miss: Being able to sled, play golf, ride a four wheeler, etc. My work is having a bowling event next week. Not sure how well that's going to go. Pity the fool that gets stuck on my team!

What I’m looking forward to: The fact that this baby is going to join us in the Spring. Sydney was a late Fall baby, so I spent most of my time off with her cooped up in the house. This time we'll be able to get out of the house more and spend more time outdoors. Looking forward to walks, parks, backyard bbq's, and enjoying a glass of wine on my patio!

What I’m freaking out about: Not really freaking out, but hoping that labor and delivery goes smoothly again. I'm also a little worried about going into labor on my own. Not sure if I will recognize the signs, get to the hospital on time, etc. I was induced with Sydney, so, assuming labor happens without any help this time, it will all be new to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!