Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Pumpkins

I feel like I'm beginning to sound like a broken record, but goodness, October was a busy month for me! It's the first year in a long time that we haven't picked out and carved  pumpkins, but on the flip side it's also the first year in a long time that I've gone to a haunted house and screamed like a little girl, so...I suppose it all balances out right? Right?

No, we didn't pick out pumpkins this year, but we did at least manage to spend some quality time (20 minutes in frigid cold, gusting winds) visiting the orange beauties in their natural habitat so that mommy could snap the mandatory annual pumpkin patch photos. (Your welcome kids!)

So wait, you dragged your kids to the pumpkin patch a few days before Halloween, on a freezing cold evening, 20 minutes before the store was about to close, and you still didn't buy a pumpkin??!? 

No, no I did not.

Hey don't judge. You try figuring out a way to push a stroller, chase a three year old, carry a purse, a diaper bag, a camera, and a 20lb pumpkin, all by yourself and then get back to me.

We came for the pictures people! Pictures, convenient pint-size-pumpkins, and sugary doughnuts of course.

Lillian really didn't want to give up this tasty leaf. You can see the anger and determination in her face! Makes me laugh every time!
Oh look, another leaf.


Jack-o-lanterns will have to wait until next year. This year our snazzy little painted pups worked just fine! I think Sydney had more fun painting these than she would have had "helping" us carve pumpkins anyway. 


Her masterpieces are still gracing our dining room table for now, but I'm not gonna lie, I'm itching to get those Christmas boxes down from the attic! I'm seeing some Halls Deckin' in our near future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!