Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Monday's with Mommy: Garage Edition

They say the garage is the new front porch. Or is it the man cave? Either way, when we are home our garage door can usually be found open, spilling sounds of country music, and framing a couple of lawn chairs.  I love our back patio. It is grand, and peaceful, and secluded. Our garage on the other hand is more social. Neighbors stop by to say hello, drawn no doubt by the smell of meat smoking in the driveway, kids roll by on their bikes, families walk around with their dogs...The garage is the yin to our back patio’s yang, and on Monday, we were garage people.


The day actually started out with a trip to the pool. But it was just Sydney and I, so I didn’t have time to snap a single picture. Hopefully next time! Sydney was a little water-shy at first, but she warmed up to it eventually and loved going in the lazy river with me. 

When we got back home, Sydney took a glorious three hour nap, while Jon and I sat in the cool shade of the garage, smoking some ribs and drinking some beer.


I reclined in my lawn chair and did some cloud watching, looking for shapes like I was 10 years old again.


Sawyer kept busy in other ways.


Namely, riding the world of evil sticks....you can all sleep sound tonight, Sawyer is on the case.
 

When Sydney woke from her nap she joined us for some front porch fun. (Photos of yours truly, courtesy of the hubs.) 


I had a little help in the garden and we picked LOTS of lettuce, oregano, parsley, thyme, and rhubarb.


Speaking of rhubarb, there's a piece of strawberry-rhubarb pie calling my name, so I think I'll wrap things up now. Upper 90's and record high heat today. Stay cool everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!