Friday, July 1, 2011

Monday's with Mommy: Thursday Edition

I needed to go into the office this past Monday to take care of a few things, but since I'm determined to take off one day a week to spend with my girl this summer, I ended up having some mommy and me time on Thursday instead.

So think of it like a Monday.
Except it's Thursday.
Which is the day before Friday.
Which makes it even better!

I had to run an errand on campus Thursday morning, so we stopped to say hello to some of my coworkers who haven't seen Sydney since she was an itty-bitty, little thing. She spent the majority of the time burring her face in my leg and pretending like the people in the room were invisible. If I don't make eye contact with them, then maybe they won't know I'm here...if I can't see them, they can't see me...

And what's a trip to campus on a hot summer day without a stop for frozen yogurt? This place rocks out the self serve froyo! It's like a gorgeous salad bar, sans the salad.


I indulged in a mix of peach and raspberry pomegranate yogurt with strawberries and blueberries on top, while Sydney enjoyed some strawberry yogurt with strawberries, blueberries, and sprinkles on top!

And then, as if we weren't deep enough in a sugar coma already, the nice girl working the counter brought us a free pineapple smoothie, which was HUGE! I think her kindness may have been due to a certain someone looking downright adorable while chowing down on her froyo. Maybe I can find a way to work her adorableness to my advantage more often....

With our sugar coma raging, we headed to the pool for the afternoon. It was lovely. Hot. But lovely. And Sydney did much better in the water this time!

Lunch by the pool. Grilled cheese, waffle fries, and the piece de resistance...ketchup!

Our day of fun in the sun was followed by a long, hard, nap and a trip to the grocery store for ingredients to make homemade pesto (loads of basil in my garden this year!).

Looking forward to the holiday weekend and lots of time with visiting family! Have a great fourth everyone!

1 comment:

I love hearing from readers! Thanks so much for leaving a comment!